[Linaro-TCWG-CI] gdb-14-branchpoint-1356-g7737b133640: FAIL: 1 regressions on arm

Maxim Kuvyrkov maxim.kuvyrkov@linaro.org
Tue Mar 12 13:57:20 GMT 2024

>> I see the above failure for both aarch64-linux-gnu and
>> arm-linux-gnueabihf in our testing.  The log shows ([1]):
>
>> (gdb) PASS: gdb.ada/scalar_storage.exp: print V_LE
>> get_compiler_info: gcc-14-0-1
>
>> Any idea what can be causing this?
>
>> This failure happens in CI configurations where we track tip-of-trunk GCC.
>
> This failure is what I would expect if your compiler does not have the
> fix.  Can you see if your gcc includes this change?
>
> commit 5d8b60effc7268448a94fbbbad923ab6871252cd
> Author: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou@adacore.com>
> Date:   Wed Jan 10 13:23:46 2024 +0100
>
>    Fix debug info for enumeration types with reverse Scalar_Storage_Order

Ah, now I understand.  While we do have the above commit in our GCC sources (we build tip-of-trunk in this CI configuration), we don't enable ada language.  So testsuite harness detects GCC version as 14.0 and enables the test, but actual gnat compiler is used from the distro package, which is much older.

We will consider enabling ada language in our CI builds, which should fix this.

Thanks for helping troubleshooting this!

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov
https://www.linaro.org