[Linaro-TCWG-CI] gdb-14-branchpoint-1411-g033bc67bdb0: FAIL: 2 regressions on arm

Maxim Kuvyrkov maxim.kuvyrkov@linaro.org
Mon Mar 11 16:38:02 GMT 2024

> On Jan 30, 2024, at 23:03, ci_notify@linaro.org wrote:
>
> Dear contributor, our automatic CI has detected problems related to your patch(es).  Please find some details below.  If you have any questions, please follow up on linaro-toolchain@lists.linaro.org mailing list, Libera's #linaro-tcwg channel, or ping your favourite Linaro toolchain developer on the usual project channel.
>
> We appreciate that it might be difficult to find the necessary logs or reproduce the issue locally. If you can't get what you need from our CI within minutes, let us know and we will be happy to help.
>
> We track this report status in https://linaro.atlassian.net/browse/GNU-1136 , please let us know if you are looking at the problem and/or when you have a fix.
>
> In  master-arm after:
>
>  | commit gdb-14-branchpoint-1411-g033bc67bdb0
>  | Author: Tom Tromey <tom@tromey.com>
>  | Date:   Tue Sep 19 17:39:31 2023 -0600
>  |     Only search types in cp_lookup_rtti_type
>  |     This changes cp_lookup_rtti_type to only search for types -- not
>  |     functions or variables.  Due to the symbol-matching hack, this could
>  |     just use SEARCH_TYPE_DOMAIN, but I think it's better to be clear; also
>  |     I hold on to some hope that perhaps the hack can someday be removed.
>
> FAIL: 2 regressions
>
> regressions.sum:
> === libstdc++ tests ===
>
> Running libstdc++:libstdc++-prettyprinters/prettyprinters.exp ...
> FAIL: libstdc++-prettyprinters/cxx11.cc print ecmiaow
> FAIL: libstdc++-prettyprinters/cxx11.cc print emiaow

Hi Tom,
Hi Jonathan,

After the above GDB patch I see 2 new failures both for aarch64-linux-gnu and arm-linux-gnueabihf in GCC's libstdc++ testsuite.  The log [1] says:
===
$35 = warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
got: $35 = warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
FAIL: libstdc++-prettyprinters/cxx11.cc print emiaow
skipping: warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
std::error_code = {std::_V2::error_category: 42}
skipping: std::error_code = {std::_V2::error_category: 42}
$36 = warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
got: $36 = warning: RTTI symbol not found for class 'main::custom_cat'
FAIL: libstdc++-prettyprinters/cxx11.cc print ecmiaow
===

Which way should I dig -- GDB or libstdc++?  Does this look like libstdc++ testcase needs an update?

[1] https://ci.linaro.org/job/tcwg_gnu_native_check_gcc--master-aarch64-build/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/artifacts/00-sumfiles/libstdc++.log.xz

Thanks!

--
Maxim Kuvyrkov