[binutils-gdb] set varsize-limit: New GDB setting for maximum dynamic object size

*** TEST RESULTS FOR COMMIT 3fcded8f30b6b0c1930d4f82914476315027aa2e ***

Author: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
Branch: master
Commit: 3fcded8f30b6b0c1930d4f82914476315027aa2e

set varsize-limit: New GDB setting for maximum dynamic object size

This is a command we somehow forgot to contribute at the time the Ada
language was first contributed to the FSF. This command allows
the user to change the maximum size we allow when reading memory
from dynamic objects (the default is 65536 bytes).

At the moment, this limit is only used by Ada, and so the implementation
is kept inside ada-lang.c. However, it is conceivable that other language
might want to use it also to handle the same kind of issues; for instance,
this might be useful when handling dynamic types in C. So the name
of the setting was made language-neutral, to allow for this.

Note that an alias for "set var" needs to be introduced as well.
We are not adding a test for that, since this is a feature that is
already exercized by numerous existing tests.

gdb/ChangeLog

        * NEWS: Add entry describing new "set|show varsize-limit" command.
        * ada-lang.c (_initialize_ada_language): Add "set/show varsize-limit"
        command.
        * printcmd.c (_initialize_printcmd): Add "set var" alias of
        "set variable".

gdb/doc/ChangeLog:

        * gdb.texinfo (Ada Settings): New subsubsection.

gdb/testsuite/ChangeLog:

        * gdb.ada/varsize_limit: New testcase.

Tested on x86_64-linux.