Re: New GDB snapshot available

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Andi Kleen wrote:

> The result is simply that the Linux distributions will effectively fork their
> tree and use a gdb with your patches added. This already happened with RedHat -
> they ship a gdb 4.17 rpm with your debugging patch added in 5.2. Threads
> debugging is a critical enough thing that the other dists will probably
> follow. This is unfortunate, but will happen.

This already happened a long ago with Debian too (the .diff.gz patch
Debian applies to the upstream gdb.tar.gz is now about 1.2 MB big).
I'm not sure if there's still any Linux distribution shipping the verbatim
GDB without any other patch.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -