Re: New GDB snapshot available

   From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
   Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 15:05:58 -0800 (PST)

   >    From: hjl@lucon.org (H.J. Lu)
   >    Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:54:20 -0800 (PST)
   >
   >    > as for threads, the code I've seen so far seems to have reliability
   >    > and portability problems, so that's going to need some more work I
   >    > think.
   >
   >    The one in gdb 4.17.0.11 is very reliability. As for portability,
   >    it is totally a different issue. I don't see it as a problem.
   >
   > Ah, what luxury. :-) I find that if I do something nonportable for
   > the HPers, the Linuxers hate me, and vice versa.  Then there's the
   > embedded folks...

   The glibc thread debug portability I was referring to is for the
   future glibc thread. The glibc thread debug won't work on Solaris.
   I don't know why you want to.

Of course the glibc approach to thread debugging won't work with
Solaris.  Since the thread debug lib doesn't exist yet, I was
assuming that when you were referring to 4.17.0.11, you meant the
OSF version of thread debugging, which is not portable and makes
many changes to code shared by all platforms.  What thread debugging
code is in 4.17.0.11?

							Stan