Re: gdb/2336: gdb 6.7 release unable to load elf symbol tablesonsolaris

The following reply was made to PR gdb/2336; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
To: Larry McGhaw <lmcghaw@connx.com>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/2336: gdb 6.7 release unable to load elf symbol tables
	onsolaris
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:20:54 -0400

 On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 02:49:10PM -0700, Larry McGhaw wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I don't think I explained the issue properly.
 >
 > elfread.c does get compiled and linked into gdb.exe .. The problem is
 > that the makefile in the GDB directory
 > dynamically builds init.c by scanning a list of source files searching
 > for tokens.
 > Elfread is missing from the list when dynamically building init.c, but
 > it is present when building gdb.exe.

 I do not see how that is possible.  The same variable builds it and
 includes it in init.c.  If it isn't in CONFIG_OBS, it should not be
 built.

 > It took me a while to track this down but it looks like it should be an
 > easy problem to fix.

 Not unless you give me enough information to figure out why it isn't
 in CONFIG_OBS.  If you don't see a problem in gdb/config.log, please
 send it to the bug.

 --
 Daniel Jacobowitz
 CodeSourcery