Re: remote/1832: spaces in directory names

The following reply was made to PR remote/1832; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew STUBBS <andrew.stubbs@st.com>
To: Brendan Kehoe <brendan@zen.org>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, nobody@sources.redhat.com,
        harada@esd.spr.epson.co.jp, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com,
        gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: remote/1832: spaces in directory names
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:05:24 +0000

 Brendan Kehoe wrote:
 > This change makes GDB a little more willing to debug an application on a
 > remote target when the file or its path happens to have one or more
 > spaces in it.  Among other things, this makes paths like
 >    C:/Documents and Settings/Joe Smith/My Documents/hack/mytest
 > usable when you want to debug mytest on a remote target via 'load'.

 I already have a patch for this awaiting approval.

 See http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-12/msg00127.html

 Mine allows/required proper quoting and supports tilde expansion.

 I also have two related patches waiting:

 directory command patch:
 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-12/msg00104.html

 add-symbol-file command patch:
 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-12/msg00106.html