Re: threads/1858: remote debugging a multithreaded application with gdb creates a SIGTRAP

The following reply was made to PR threads/1858; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Marco Cavallini [KOAN]" <m.cavallini@koansoftware.com>
To: <gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com>
Subject: Re: threads/1858: remote debugging a multithreaded application with gdb creates a SIGTRAP
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 10:46:09 +0100

 I tried the same example you provided here (test.c)
 and with the following commands it run perfectly
 managing the breakpoint into function sleeping().

 I used a test program under Klinux + RTAI/fusion
 having the same behavior, this is a known issue in RTAI/fusion
 bypassed starting the program with 'c' (continue) instead of 'r' (run)

 run gdbserver

 gdbserver localhost:1234 a.out

 run gdb

 gdb a.out

 (gdb) target remote localhost:1234
 (gdb) b sleeping
 (gdb) c

 it works !
 HTH

 Marco Cavallini
 Koan s.a.s. - Software Engineering
 Linux and WinCE solutions for Embedded and Real-Time Software
 http://www.koansoftware.com  -  http://www.klinux.org