Re: backtrace/1476: Empty stack.

The following reply was made to PR backtrace/1476; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)
To: chastain@sourceware.org, gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com,
	gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com, nobody@sources.redhat.com,
	skarab@kemsu.ru
Subject: Re: backtrace/1476: Empty stack.
Date: Mon,  8 Dec 2003 11:47:25 -0500 (EST)

 > I'm confusing about of purposes you pursue by reading typescript file of
 > gdb session. All that you'll see: "Program received SIGSEGV bla-bla-bla
 > 0x0 () ??" or something like that.

 The typescript will tell me several things.

   The version of gdb that you are using.
   -- You say it is 5.3 but I want to actually see it.

   The target architecture of gdb.

   The sequence of commands that you executed.

 I also need to know the language of your program and the version of the
 compiler that was used to compile it.

 If you are unable or unwilling to provide this information, then I am
 unable to work on your bug, and I will just close the bug report and
 work on other bugs.

 Michael C
 GDB QA Guy