Re: backtrace/1407: Gdb with gcc on Solaris crashes with segmentation fault when using "call"

The following reply was made to PR breakpoints/1407; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: kettenis@gnu.org
To: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com, jakobn@kth.se, gdb-prs@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: backtrace/1407: Gdb with gcc on Solaris crashes with segmentation fault when using "call"
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 13:56:00 +0200 (CEST)

 Thanks for the bug report.  Over the past few weeks I've largely
 written the SPARC target in GDB.  Especially the code that deals with
 calling functions has changed a lot, and should behave a lot better
 than the old code.  The new SPARC code is present on the
 kettenis_sparc-20030918-branch in GDB's CVS tree.  Could you check
 whether the bug is still present in my current code?  You can check
 the code out with the following command (after properly setting
 CVSROOT):

   cvs co -r kettenis_sparc-20030918-branch gdb+dejagnu

 For more details on the GDB's CVS tree see:

   http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/

 Thanks,

 Mark