cli/1215: recursive version of "directory" command

>Number:         1215
>Category:       cli
>Synopsis:       recursive version of "directory" command
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          change-request
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri May 16 21:08:01 UTC 2003
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     carlton@bactrian.org
>Release:        current cvs
A user here wants to debug a program compiled on another
machine while looking at the source code one the local
machine.  Unfortunately, the source code is stored in
different locations on the two machines, and is split
across an extremely large directory tree.

I told the user about .gdbinit and suggested that he try
to set up symbolic links to make the two machines look the
same, but it seems to me that wanting an analogue
of 'directory' that recursively adds a directory and all
of its subdirectories isn't too unreasonable.