Re: java/1039: regression: cannot set breakpoint on jmisc.main(java.lang.String[])

The following reply was made to PR java/1039; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
To: David Carlton <carlton at math dot stanford dot edu>
Cc: gdb-gnats at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject: Re: java/1039: regression: cannot set breakpoint on jmisc.main(java.lang.String[])
Date: 28 Feb 2003 16:51:03 -0700

 David>  I'm using gcj 2.95.3.

 FYI, probably no serious gcj users use this version.  It is way too
 old.

 Setting a breakpoint on a class' main hasn't worked for me for a long
 time.  Naturally, I'm always using a fairly recent gcj.  In this
 example, I'm using the appended code, gcj 3.3, and a fairly recent
 (less than a month old) cvs trunk gdb.

 fleche. gcj -c -g HelloWorld.java
 fleche. gcj -g --main=HelloWorld -o H HelloWorld.o
 fleche. ~/gnu/baseline-gdb/install/bin/gdb ./H
 GNU gdb 2003-02-21-cvs
 This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
 (gdb) b HelloWorld.main
 the class HelloWorld does not have any method named main
 Hint: try 'HelloWorld.main<TAB> or 'HelloWorld.main<ESC-?>
 (Note leading single quote.)

 In the past I had some formula for making this work (I brought it up
 on the gdb list once last year), but I've since forgotten it.  I
 couldn't figure out how to get a breakpoint set there.

 Tom

 /*
  * HelloWorld.java
  *