gdb/923: Stepping over a fork call in gdb causes child process to become a zombie

Stepping over a fork call in gdb causes child process to become a zombie. It seems this bug has been spotted before(http://developer.axis.com/doc/software/tools/gdb/knownproblems.html) but I can find no mention of it in this database.
>How-To-Repeat:
Compile up a program containing a call to fork(), and then use gdb to step over the fork() call (using the 'next' command for example). The child process is created but zombied. This doesn't happen if you put a breakpoint on the next line and use continue to execute the fork() call.