Re: gdb/570: maint.exp testcase is non-deterministic

The following reply was made to PR gdb/570; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ben Elliston <bje@redhat.com>
To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com>
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/570: maint.exp testcase is non-deterministic
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:02:56 -0400 (EDT)

   Daniel> Details - what target?  What is the output of the test when it passes
   Daniel> vs. XPASSes?  There is no code in maint.exp for it XPASS at all.

 I've done some more research into this.  It turns out the problem was
 that the GDB testsuite contained two tests with the same name, one of
 which was passing and one of which was xpassing.  Our testing system
 was getting confused by this.  I see it is fixed in the latest FSF
 sources.

 Sorry for the errant bug report.  This can be closed now.

 Ben