gdb/533: Get msg 'signal handler called' on noprint/nostop signal

>Number:         533
>Category:       gdb
>Synopsis:       Get msg 'signal handler called' on noprint/nostop signal
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    unassigned
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Mon May 06 10:38:00 PDT 2002
>Closed-Date:
>Last-Modified:
>Originator:     Martin Rivers
>Release:        gdb 5.2
When debugging a proces which has a SIGALRM delivered to it
every 0.01 second, and while single stepping (either via the
NEXT/STEP command) thru non-signal code, a message is emitted saying
<signal handler called>
Yet the signal number is not displayed.  The pc is set at
sigacthandler.  If I stepi thru this function I'll end up
in the signal handler function I've declared to handle SIGALRM.
Attempting to do a NEXT/STEP directly from the message results
in another message:

(gdb) n
(gdb)
(gdb)
(gdb)
<signal handler called>
(gdb) where 3
#0  <signal handler called>
(gdb) n
Single stepping until exit from function sigacthandler,
which has no line number information.
warning: Cannot insert breakpoint 0:
Cannot access memory at address 0x8
(gdb)

This problem does not occur in gdb 4.18 with exactly the same
program run on the same workstation.
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
If I set a breakpoint at the next C statement in the non-signal
code and issue a 'CONTINUE', I can hit the breakpoint.  However,
this happens so often as to interfere with productive
debugging.  This does not occur in gdb version 4.18
----gnatsweb-attachment----