Re: gdb/419: MPW - Place MPW back in the tree

The following reply was made to PR gdb/419; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@cygnus.com>
To: macnerd@realmspace.com
Cc: gdb-gnats@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: gdb/419: MPW - Place MPW back in the tree
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:55:18 -0500

 > Number:         419
 >>Category:       gdb
 >>Synopsis:       MPW - Place MPW back in the tree
 >>Confidential:   no
 >>Severity:       serious
 >>Responsible:    unassigned
 >>State:          open
 >>Class:          sw-bug
 >>Submitter-Id:   net
 >>Arrival-Date:   Thu Mar 14 10:28:01 PST 2002
 >>Closed-Date:
 >>Last-Modified:
 >>Originator:     Joaquin Menchaca
 >>Release:        unknown-1.0
 >>Environment:
 >
 > Mac OS 9.x, MPW

 > MPW has been removed or is about to be removed.  I would need this to port GNU tools to classic and carbon with other libraries.  I tried to find some way to communicate, but there were now emails, urls, anything.  Just a note that unless someone contacts them, it'll be removed. :-(  No contact info provided on web. :-(

 It has been removed from the current sources.  The old MPW files are
 still available.  See the GDB 5.1.1 release (ftp:/ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gdb).
   The files are also available in the CVS repository (but in the Attic).
   For info on accessing the CVS repository, see
 http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/ for how to access CVS.

 This was the announcement:
 http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-announce/2001/msg00009.html
 Yes, the announcement should have also mentioned the web pages.

 You're more than welcome to download and use those files for a GDB port
 of MPW.  Can I also encourage you to look through the current GDB
 sources.  Many of the mechanisms that MPW used to solve porting problems
 are probably no longer applicable to GDB.

 enjoy,
 Andrew