This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [Windows/RFA/commit] Deprecate windows-specific dll-symbols command and aliases
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 09:33:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Windows/RFA/commit] Deprecate windows-specific dll-symbols command and aliases
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <52FB88CB dot 6000706 at redhat dot com> <20140212171738 dot GR5485 at adacore dot com> <20140213120103 dot GZ5485 at adacore dot com> <834n43rofm dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20140213164307 dot GA5485 at adacore dot com> <83wqgzq71r dot fsf at gnu dot org> <52FCFFBA dot 3050104 at redhat dot com> <83ppmqrjww dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20140219094327 dot GA4530 at adacore dot com> <83ob2359x5 dot fsf at gnu dot org>
> > Attached is the new version of the patch, with the GDB manual now
> > simply stating that the commands are deprecated instead of removing
> > their documentation. Can you tell me if the changes look OK?
> Yes, it's OK.
Thanks, Eli. The patch is now in.
> > gdb/ChangeLog:
> > * windows-nat.c (_initialize_windows_nat): Deprecate the
> > "dll-symbols" command. Turn the "add-shared-symbol-files"
> > and "assf" aliases into commands, and deprecate them as well.
> > * NEWS: Add entry explaining that "dll-symbols" and its two
> > aliases are now deprecated.
> > gdb/doc/ChangeLog:
> > * gdb.texinfo (Files): Document "add-shared-symbol-files"
> > and "assf" as being deprecated.
> > (Cygwin Native): Likewise for "dll-symbols".
> > (Non-debug DLL Symbols): Remove reference to "dll-symbols"
> > as a way to force the loading of symbols from a DLL.