This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Let gdbserver doesn't tell GDB it support target-side breakpoint conditions and commands if it doesn't support 'Z' packet
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Hui Zhu <hui_zhu at mentor dot com>
- Cc: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 16:18:01 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Let gdbserver doesn't tell GDB it support target-side breakpoint conditions and commands if it doesn't support 'Z' packet
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5265022F dot 8060203 at mentor dot com> <52654A2C dot 9010202 at redhat dot com> <529707C7 dot 4040504 at mentor dot com>
On Thu, 28 Nov 2013, Hui Zhu wrote:
> According to your comments. I make a new patch for it.
> It add a check in remote_insert_breakpoint. If this breakpoint have target
> breakpoint but it is not handled by "Z" packet, function will return error.
> Please help me review it.
> Because mi-dprintf.exp and dprintf.exp use "set dprintf-style agent" check if
> target support target-side breakpoint, they are still got fail after this
> If you think this patch's idea is OK, I will make patch for them.
> 2013-11-28 Hui Zhu <email@example.com>
> * remote.c (remote_insert_breakpoint): Add
Please note that this is PR gdb/16101 now and refer to it in the