This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix for PR tdep/15653: Implement SystemTap SDT probe support for AArch64
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 10:21:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix for PR tdep/15653: Implement SystemTap SDT probe support for AArch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1385336092-19621-1-git-send-email-sergiodj at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Sergio" == Sergio Durigan Junior <email@example.com> writes:
Sergio> Now, about the tests... I have been using ARM Foundation's simulator
Sergio> on x86_64 (Fedora 18). This is an incredibly slow simulator, to the
Sergio> point that I gave up compiling GDB directly on it. Instead, I am
Sergio> cross-compiling it on my machine and testing only the binary there.
Sergio> Therefore, I also gave up running the testsuite, and only ran
Sergio> stap-related tests. As far as I'm concerned, everything succeeded and
Sergio> I didn't break anything. The code is pretty much self contained that
Sergio> it doesn't affect other areas of GDB, but of course this patch could
Sergio> use more testing, and I won't complain if you have the means and the
Sergio> will to do this!
FWIW in this specific case I think this testing approach is ok.
The patch pretty clearly just touches the stap probe code.
Could you say, though, exactly which tests you ran?