This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Sim hangs on new target at dup_arg_p() in infinite loop.
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Alexey Makhalov <makhaloff at gmail dot com>, Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:49:13 +0400
- Subject: Re: Sim hangs on new target at dup_arg_p() in infinite loop.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALd+sgcTRoRt94vXkWZ62xzb7q_mhfkuUXUFs3EwGdAs-1TQEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87a9hgz1ke dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CALd+sgcwCK7Hpwet1iQHqxOKsimKr4H2g2oRXrS-GwZaQxHSYA at mail dot gmail dot com> <201311270334 dot 44957 dot vapier at gentoo dot org>
> > And about copyright assignment, I have no any special one.
> well, the good news is that the sim/ subdir is a mess and we haven't
> been enforcing copyright assignment. there is a lot of code in there
> not owned by the FSF. considering that, i'm not sure requiring future
> submissions in there would be useful if people aren't actively chasing
> down past contributors.
This is unfortunately a real thorn in our paw, and the FSF wants us
to make sure that all new contributions are properly assigned.
I'm sorry if this is a bit of a pain, but it should be a one-time
process. In the meantime, for those who do not have a copyright
assignment in place, we can only accept contributions falling
under the "small" or "obvious" exemption.