This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:02:50 +0400
- Subject: Re: gdbserver, aarch64: Zero out regs in aarch64_linux_set_debug_regs
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131125125128 dot GA3153 at adacore dot com> <CANu=DmiprxHcpNHVNqZt4BYUH_YoswKYgh0Q=EQe4xf=x4TLRA at mail dot gmail dot com>
> > We're about to create a 7.6.2 release. To help me sent release
> > announcements, I need an entry in the wiki page we created for
> > that release branch. For 7.6.2, that's:
> > https://sourceware.org/gdb/wiki/GDB_7.6_Release
> > Can you please add an entry that follows the format used in
> > the entries added for the 7.6.1 release?
> Sure, no problem.
> > I tried doing that myself, but got lost a little. AFAICT, you're
> > applying the same patch as one that was applied on the GDB side.
> > I traced the problem description back to a patch first posted in
> > July, but: 1. Does your patch fix the same problem/symptoms?
> It fixes the same issue in gdbserver that was fixed in gdb.
> > 2. The gdb-side patch in not part of the gdb_7_6-branch;
> > is that what we want?
> Not really! I believed that the gdb patch had been committed to the
> stable branch but later discovered that it hadn't. As the stable
> branch appeared to be dormant I didn't follow up on it. Ideally both
> patches should be applied and if we are going to do another release
> I'm happy to cherry pick it across.
Let's do that, then. I think it'll make better sense for the user,
and it'll also be easier to describe the extent of the problem being