This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] handle an unspecified return address column
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 10:56:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] handle an unspecified return address column
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384375873-32160-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1384375873-32160-3-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com>
>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Tom> Debugging PR 16155 further, I found that the DWARF unwinder found the
Tom> function in question, but thought it had no registers saved
Tom> (fs->regs.num_regs == 0).
Tom> It seems to me that if a frame does not specify the return address
Tom> column, or if the return address column is explicitly marked as
Tom> DWARF2_FRAME_REG_UNSPECIFIED, then we should set the
Tom> "undefined_retaddr" flag and let the DWARF unwinder gracefully stop.
Tom> This patch implements that idea.
I'm going to check this in shortly.