This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
release-related minor questions (post switch to git)
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:56:53 +0400
- Subject: release-related minor questions (post switch to git)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I just wanted to have your thoughts on the following little details
involving the creation of GDDB releases.
1. The branch name: Should we continue with the same naming scheme?
At the moment, we have:
I think this odd naming scheme comes from a CVS limitation,
and that we could switch to something such as:
On the other hand, the name is not *that* bad, and changing it
may break some pre-existing scripts. Since they would need to be
2. Do we need a tag for the branch-point commit, or is it sufficient
to just document it.
I am wondering if anyone has ever used that tag, and whether
they would use it with the git repo...
3. For the release tag, the tag name syntax is like so:
Do we want to continue using the same format? In particular,
3.a: Do we still need the date in the release tag
(that information is part of the tag)
3.b Same as 1; use a more natural syntax re version number?