This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 06/10] vla: update type from newly created value
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Sanimir Agovic <sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 10:29:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 06/10] vla: update type from newly created value
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1382366424-21010-1-git-send-email-sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com> <1382366424-21010-7-git-send-email-sanimir dot agovic at intel dot com>
On 10/21/2013 03:40 PM, Sanimir Agovic wrote:
> Constructing a value based on a type and address might change the type
> of the newly constructed value.
OOC (and for the archives), why's that? Where does that occur?
> Thus re-fetch type via value_type to ensure
> we have the correct type at hand.