This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Debug Methods in GDB Python
- From: Siva Chandra <sivachandra at google dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:03:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Debug Methods in GDB Python
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGyQ6gyKTCdcjMcbfnc4zV3+yEt9tCTJzS8eW92dQrQzikRaTQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGyQ6gxzG8vuPyFKHpacHS7W7jMEReidWDBkNJjywOXADXgVnw at mail dot gmail dot com> <87r4hefx59 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAGyQ6gw_-MOu4Y9D+mUf-A55_Ms+j9JAmM9dU0y8PdJw73EkNw at mail dot gmail dot com> <871u995pbt dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAGyQ6gywGMDwmm9fHpPGhwE9vrki1VE8uDM2hRFEAvCZKaTyJg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87ehaq5nkr dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAGyQ6gwT5+Jmu4bqgakjCWmmZtWjbd83n0qq=B9ctfWjv7oS_w at mail dot gmail dot com> <87txfds4vf dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <CAGyQ6gzaht0KYTxdFFZDeAo5hxesOmjCAiVomX8d_eV4XGK_CQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADPb22TgkC-KBhAoYvNBueOKrHAFWwvd9TgYaQ2=Oq5qsFoZrA at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAGyQ6gwtj3TEazHJYvVNwbZnN3hh6ZJD_dcG4spZ56hkXaP2ag at mail dot gmail dot com> <CADPb22S+g2o7VpxVEPQco8owoxxjECePtYJt=Oh2PNVf4sseEA at mail dot gmail dot com>
I am working the new patch sets that would address most of your
comments. For one or two, I will probably ask more questions when I
post the patches. But I want to respond to one comment now.
On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM, Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> For matching on the method, I would just use a string comparison.
> Again, this is for the simple version. IIUC the API allows for more
> complex mechanisms, but for the start I'd say start small with
> something simple.
> [I can imagine an issue arising with operators, e.g., "operator ()" vs
> "operator()" or some such. Is handling that with a regexp the best
> way to go? Dunno.]
For things "operator ()" vs "operator()", I think GDB handles that
before looking up the method. But otherwise, a simple name match can
have problems with template methods as the template argument could be
anything. I am working on setting up tests which illustrate debug
methods for template classes with template methods.