This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Update doc on displayhint in command -var-list-children
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:32:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Update doc on displayhint in command -var-list-children
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1384860516-6949-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com>
>>>>> "Yao" == Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Yao> When using command -var-list-children, "displayhint" is the result of
Yao> each child, instead of the attribute of the result, shown as the
Yao> following output.
This seems wrong to me.
If a varobj has a pretty-printer, then the display hint is an attribute
of that printer. It ought to be printed as an attribute of the result.
Of course, child objects can have their own pretty-printers, and thus
their own display hints.
I couldn't find any tests that explicitly examined the display hint.
That seems wrong too... I know the python code in the test suite returns
values here, but nothing seems to check them.