This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 08/10] Don't invalidate dcache when option stack-cache is changed
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 15:43:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 08/10] Don't invalidate dcache when option stack-cache is changed
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383458049-20893-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <1383458049-20893-9-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <CADPb22Q95Hfz1NOreFPwbrSnqjKQcXdYxbWc04zX1LG3MnJrYQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 11/17/2013 09:44 PM, Doug Evans wrote:
> I'm still not comfortable with this.
> This is optimizing a rare occurrence. Users aren't expected to be
> turning this on and off during a session.
My thoughts exactly. This seems to be adding extra code, therefore
a wider surface for bugs, for no apparent real use case?