This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
RFC new CLI + GDB/MI commands to list Ada exceptions
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 19:04:08 +0400
- Subject: RFC new CLI + GDB/MI commands to list Ada exceptions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
In this patch series, I am proposing the additions of one new
CLI command "info exceptions", and one GDB/MI command, whose purpose
is to list all exceptions known to the inferior.
As explained in patch #1, the command "info exception" has been used
by AdaCore users for at least the last 12 years, and I would very much
like to avoid having to change it. But I will, if necessary.
The GDB/MI command name, on the other hand, is entirely new, and
thus a lot easier to adjust to whatever command name we think is best.
The series has been tested on x86_64-linux, and comes with testcases.
As usual with me when I propose something new, patches are still missing
NEWS and documentation patches, but I will make sure to get those done
before I commit anything.