This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Move "types deeply equal" code from py-type.c to gdbtypes.c
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at sebabeach dot org>
- Cc: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 07:36:37 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Move "types deeply equal" code from py-type.c to gdbtypes.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAA8o+=Q2ur7dAZYRRgOeRV1=KW_2azOwRY8meVHYKaOx3Yh9GQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <527AB482 dot 80600 at earthlink dot net> <87ppqd1a0t dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <m3li10bsbj dot fsf at seba dot sebabeach dot org>
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <email@example.com> writes:
Doug> Tom Tromey <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Stan> +/* A helper function for tyscm_richcompare that checks two types for
Stan> + "deep" equality. Returns non-zero if the types are considered the
Stan> + same, zero otherwise. */
Stan> "tyscm_richcompare"? Should that be typy_... ?
>> It would be helpful if Doug could list all the change he made when
>> moving the code.
Doug> I don't understand.
Doug> Which changes? While useful beyond its present state, this is in
Doug> essence just a cleanup.
I had thought this patch was more or less a straight move of the code.
But Stan's note revealed a change from what is currently in the tree.
So the question is, can you say what else changed?
That would be handy so I don't have to go over it line-by-line myself.