This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] S390: Fix TDB regset recognition
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Andreas Arnez)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Andreas Krebbel)
- Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 21:46:25 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] S390: Fix TDB regset recognition
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Andreas Arnez wrote:
> When checking for the presence of the TDB regset, the current code
> interprets ENODATA from PTRACE_GETREGSET as an indication that the TDB
> regset *could* occur on this system, but the inferior stopped outside
> a transaction. However, the Linux kernel actually reports ENODATA
> even on systems without the transactional execution facility. Thus
> the logic is now changed to check the TE field in the HWCAP as well.
> This version also checks the existence of the TDB regset -- just to be
> on the safe side when running on TE-enabled hardware with a kernel
> that does not offer the TDB regset for some reason.
> * s390-linux-nat.c (s390_read_description): Consider the TE field
> in the HWCAP for determining 'have_regset_tdb'.
> * linux-s390-low.c (HWCAP_S390_TE): New define.
> (s390_arch_setup): Consider the TE field in the HWCAP for
> determining 'have_regset_tdb'.
This is OK. I've checked it in now.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU/Linux compilers and toolchain