This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] fix PR c++/16117
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 10:30:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix PR c++/16117
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1383599806-19444-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <CADPb22S7OO-HqYXyreH1ueKNztA1M6yfyU2xtxQ64vup+NbezQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
>>>>> "Doug" == Doug Evans <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Doug> Do we need a NEWS entry for the change in behaviour?
I don't think so.
Doug> Also, and this is just for discussion's sake,
Doug> I wonder if we'll ever need to handle nested quoting some day (blech :-)).
Let's just not.
Doug> Can you add text to indicate "quoting" here means single-quotes *only*?
I'll add a link.
Doug> Is 'class'::member intended to work? (static member or whatever)
Doug> [It works today, but I didn't check if that's intended. I presume it is.]
Doug> If so, maybe a test to verify that still works as well?
I think it's probably better to leave it undetermined.
On the one hand, I don't want to implement rejecting it.
I think that's too harsh.
On the other hand, defining it removes any flexibility in the future.