Re: Strip on mips

On Thu, 2012-03-22 at 13:15 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I can provide you binaries for all arches in Debian if you want,
> > if you tell me which source to build, and how you want it build.
>
> All the test cases have been built from trivial sources so that they
> are clearly public domain and no license issues apply to the
> binaries we put in the archive.  For this issue, any

... seems Roland forgot to finish that thought :)

If you look in the tests/run-*.sh files some have comments how the
testfiles were created. It would be beneficial if you could generate
test binaries on some architectures not yet covered using those. Often
they are simple hello world style 1 liners (or at least < 5 liners). See
for example run-prelink-addr-test.sh, run-strip-reloc.sh,
run-strip-groups.sh, run-typeiter.sh. Though maybe those aren't the best
examples since they all test something specific (they just came up with
embedded source code in my quick scan). But I didn't see any more
general test. Maybe we need one?

Cheers,

Mark