Re: pending patches ping

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:20:24 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> If it isn't fixed, then at least your testcase could be made to work by
> first checking the start address of the Dwfl_Module and using that
> instead of the base as offset. Would that be a workaround for your
> issue? Or is there more to it than your testcase suggests?

The testcase just reproduces the real world behavior, see the original mail
	One can see in real world runtime [...]

When you run an executable in shell and look at its /proc/PID/maps you see the
mapping just is not 2MB-aligned, the testcase reproduces that behavior.

We would need to change Linux kernel (not the testcase) if we want the library
mapping to be really 2MB-aligned like elfutils currently expects.

Thanks,
Jan