elfutils status 2009-6-29

My new plan is to post this by midnight Sunday my time, which is 9am
Monday CET.  (That means I'll post on Friday if I'm not expecting to
do any work on the weekend.)  This should let Petr see what my state
is from the previous week/weekend as soon as he starts on Monday.
I'd then like Petr to post by 9am Monday my time, which is 6pm CET.
This should let me see as soon as I start on Monday what Petr's
state is and what plans for the week he formed after seeing my report.

Much done since last report, far too little reporting:

Recent trunk work:

* 0.141 release including various fixes
* some nit fixes on trunk since 0.141
* eu-readelf -N to speed up DWARF output back to pre-fancy levels

Recent dwarf branch work:

* reference tracker
** looked done-ish, but "two nits" Petr fixed were bugs that actually
   short-circuited all the fancy code ever running at all (I knew that
   was too easy!)  With those fixed, it has a nice infinite recursion
   for circular reference chains.
** I've pushed some of the changes for getting smarter.
** Still working on it, unfinished changes on roland/tracker branch.

* collector
** I took a different tack on getting it from zero to limping.
   More unfinished work on roland/dwarf-collector branch.

This week:

Expected time spent on elfutils: 77%

* reference tracker
** make it right for dwarfcmp tests: fix circular refs
** optimize forward references

* collector
** Get to limping, then build collector from leaf types up.