Re: New testfile: dwarf-getstring

> Done.  Thanks for approving.  I've created mpolacek/coverage branch.
> The new tests altogether with changed ChangeLog and Makefile.am are
> already there.  Now when I think over, I probably should've made only
> one commit for that, not three.  But I hope it can be merged now.

Yes, those should all be in one commit.  I used 'git merge --squash'
to turn them into one.  That isn't the same as a real merge.  So you
should now do 'git push origin :mpolacek/coverage' to remove your
old branch rather than merging master into it.  In general, it's a better
idea to use a more-specific branch name for something you are submitting
to be merged.  That way, if you have more test coverage changes to add,
they will go on separate branches that we can review independently and
there won't be any undesireable history in the branches we want to merge
in case one change is ready for merging but another needs to be reworked.

> I was concerned about that.  In libdw there are a few other functions
> like that.  I don't know if it would be better to write just one test
> for all of them or write a set of tests each testing one particular
> function.  I don't want to pollute tests/ directory so I'd favor the
> first option.  Suggestions?

It's not really a big deal either way.  In general, smaller tests are
better because if there is something to be debugged, it isolates the
problem into a simple case that's all one has to look at.  The purpose
of the tests directory is to have tests, so adding more tests there
is not pollution.

Thanks,
Roland