Re: [patch] Add printing of .gdb_index section to readelf

> What about a compromise? We don't print is by default
> with -w/--dump-debug, but only when explicitly requested?

Now that I know binutils readelf also support
--debug-dump=.gdb_index I played a bit with it to check the
output agrees. It does include the section in case of using
-w, so we should keep that the same i we care about
compatibility with binutils.

I we add this then I am willing to keep the format parsing
up to date with whatever changes gdb makes. Since I
am interested in making sure that the info is eventually
also usable by other consumers (or help migrate gdb to other
more standard indexes).

Cheers,

Mark