Re: Using __libdw_formptr from C++

> Roland McGrath <roland@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > It has indeed always been the plan that some C++ bits will be in the main
> > libdw DSO.  At least the reading-only bits will be, and perhaps more.
>
> Interesting.  I alway thought that elfutils are so much on the frugal
> side that this would be frowned upon.

Well, it's all still undecided of course.  But the reading-side stuff
doesn't add very much code to the DSO, and it is tied into the internal
functions fairly directly, so it makes less sense for it to be elsewhere.
Adding another tiny DSO is just silly additional overhead and maintenance
work.  For the same reason libdwfl is not a separate DSO.

Thanks,
Roland