Re: Spam on the list

On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 11:55 +0200, Jay Vaughan wrote:
> > It would be nice to get the list not to spew so much spam. Every couple
> > of weeks I get unsubscribed because the company mail servers reject the
> > messages from this list, which trigger mailman to unsubscribe me :{
>
> Please convert this list to subscriber-only-posting, so that we can have a useful
> resource, and not one which bombards us all with junk on a consistent basis, just because
> people are too lazy/selfish to deal with subscribe/unsubscribe transactions ..

I am not for closing the list. Just for filtering out the spam before it
gets forwarded by the list. Other lists get this right, they are open
for everybody to post to, and filter out spam, so it never reaches the
subscribers. Just place spamassassin, or some other spam filter, before
the mailman handler.

Cheers,

Mark