2009-08-11 Status

Last week
---------

Time spent on elfutils: one sick day, otherwise 80%

Work on output.
   * References are emitted correctly.
   * All strings are emitted into .debug_str
   * DIEs with children and sibling have DW_AT_sibling
   * Re-usable bits for back-patching
   * dwarflint fixes

Writer work is on pmachata/dwarf-writer.
Dwarflint bits are on dwarf branch.  I merged that back to dwarf-writer.

This week
---------

Yesterday I've fixed endian issues.  Tested separately, so unless I
screwed the integration, we should emit properly endianed DWARF.

Then I poked into writer itself, cleaning up how we prepare sections for
output.  It should be easy (if syntactically awkward) to add sections
into new ELF.

My plan for the rest of this week:
   * Fix emitting of multi-CU DWARFs.  I suspect it's broken, because we
emit some references section-relative istead of CU-relative.
   * Work on optimization of .debug_abbrev.
   * Should I merge in any of Roland's branches?  I've been a bit
invasive around places, and I'd rather get us synced again.
   * Emit DIE references locally where possible (how to determine if two
DIEs are in the same CU?  Need chain of parental DIEs.  I've seen
something to that effect in the tracker.  Perhaps this point is actually
tight to the previous one.)

PM