Re: eu-unstrip -n fails to process a coredump

05.11.2009 20:44, Roland McGrath wrote:
>> The problem seems to be that l_name, l_ld and l_addr loaded from the
>> dump in report_r_debug all end up being zero.
>
> Ok.  I made it check for 0 and just ignore such entries.
>
>> With l_ld of 0 we find nothing, dwfl_addrsegment returns -1, and
>> report_r_debug then returns with an error.  The comment ("_If_
>> content-sniffing") makes me think that not finding a module is not fact
>> the end of the world.  So report_r_debug should tolerate it, and only
>> bail out, when dwfl_addrsegment really ended with an error.
>
> It is true that this is a non-fatal situation.  The raw ELF header sniffing
> finds all the modules it can.  Looking at link_map just gives them better
> names and the proper ordering.
>
> The only failure dwfl_addrsegment can really have is being out of memory,
> which is probably not even possible here in practice (reify_segments will
> have been done already because of some other lookup).  So I've made it just
> ignore failures there.

Ok.

It would be great to have that patch in the Fedora package.  Firefox
folks are (reportedly) hitting the problem pretty hard, getting around
one Abrt report per hour, all of them useless because of the lack of
backtrace.  Please let me know if I can help with that.

PM