Re: dwarf_output overview

> So it isn't about the fact that they contain circular references. It
> really is just about whether or not there are references from "outside"
> the DIE tree into it.

Um, yeah.  I guess that's right.

> > Here's another case that's even simpler:
> > [...]
> > So context does matter for this "simple" circular reference case.  Though
> > it would seem not to matter (absent references) in the "more complex" (but
> > very common) case with {A,B}::list, above.
>
> This, and our earlier discussions, suggest to me that the previous
> definition of equality is missing a qualifier for the first case:

Well, there are many ways to slice the formalism.  The one that uses the
"local" definition of equality for trees and only brings context into the
reference equality definition made my head hurt the least.

It's also consistent with the method of working on correct local equality
matching first, and then complicating life with context sensitivity.

But maybe your formalism is more useful.  I can't really say.

Thanks,
Roland