Re: out-of-bounds read / crash in elfutils tools (readelf, nm, ...) with malformed file

Am Fri, 07 Nov 2014 12:58:07 +0100
schrieb Mark Wielaard <mjw@redhat.com>:

> On Fri, 2014-11-07 at 01:27 +0100, Hanno Böck wrote:

> > > Thanks. If you have any other examples please do report them.
> >
> > Ten to crash readelf -a attached, according to american-fuzzy-lop
> > all distinct code paths.
>
> Thanks. eu-readelf didn't sanitize the hash section data before use.
> The attached patch should fix that.

Fixes some of them but not all.
Still crashers:
id:000053,src:000000,op:flip1,pos:879
id:000054,src:000000,op:flip1,pos:885

Also see attachmend, output from american fuzzy lop with latest git
code and your two patches. 9 crashes, 10 hangs.

--
Hanno Böck
http://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de