Re: eu- prefix by default (Was; Re: elfutils build error)

I think we need to understand how people who build the elfutils use them.

1) Distro owner make them then package it then test/deliver it.
That the one that comes as binary on my machine and I would use to
check the a.out I am producing on my machine.

2) Developper who need to inspect a.out he/she didn't produced. In my
case I am loged on a development machine, and I receive a.out I didn't
produced locally (linux kernels comming from various distro, with
kernel ranging from 2.6.1x to 4.x my dev machine seating somewhere in
the middle.

I need to build locally an elfutils, generally the latest one that is
able to read the old a.out (old dwarf, i.e dwarf 2) and I can also
read very recent a.out i.e dwarf4.

When I buid those very latest elfutils, I dont want to temper with the
binary that comes with my distro, and I don't want to type very long
name, yet this later I can use aliases so it is not a real argument.

Well I figured that with a descent environment (No '.' in PATH) and I
can build elfutils, I figured that by hacking the makefile we can
build archived so I can move my build around on other nodes if needed,
and that my binaries are located in src/ not really the place I
imagined :)

All in all now I am operational with elfutils and it is a very good tools set.

Cheers,
Phi