Re: dwarf_edit_output testcase sanity checking

> It doesn't say the CUs are equal (I will add an extra test to make
> sure), but the var DIEs are. Now that I slept on it, and reading the
> rest of your email, I think that is correct (so it is the dwarf_output
> copier that is broken and that should also detect the var DIEs as
> equal).

Oh, OK.  I misunderstood you.  Yes, I think that is correct to report as equal.
So the question is indeed why dwarf_output fails to consolidate them together.

> And thanks for the example compressed output. It all makes sense now.

Great.

> I am off now trying to figure out why the dwarf_output copier doesn't
> mark each individual child DIE equal between the two CUs. It does for
> the (IMHO trickier) testcase 11.

A mystery indeed!  I am in meetings this week and next, so I may not be of
much help.  But I'll certainly try to answer any questions that you come up
with.

Thanks,
Roland