Re: Relative path X full path

Hi Sasha,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 04:45:13PM +0000, Sasha Da Rocha Pinheiro wrote:
> I have noticed that when we compile out-of-source, the paths returned
> from libdw are gonna be relative. Otherwise, they show up as full path.
> Have you noticed it?

This might be related to your last question. Relative paths might be
resolved against the DW_AT_comp_dir. So if that is missing the paths
might stay relative.

But could you give an example of some generated DWARF where you would
expect a specific libdw function to return an absolute/resolved path
instead of a relative path? It might depend in which function you are
using whether or not libdw expects you to construct the full path
yourself or whether it will "helpfully" try to resolve it for you.

Cheers,