This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RedBoot doc link and ecos.db superfluous aliases
- From: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- To: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 16:06:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: RedBoot doc link and ecos.db superfluous aliases
- References: <498C5A68.email@example.com> <498C5D2B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gary Thomas wrote:
> John Dallaway wrote:
>> This patch fixes the RedBoot CDL documentation link and eliminates
>> superfluous target aliases (matching the target name) in ecos.db.
> What makes the aliases superfluous? I'm pretty sure I've
> used them in the past...
Target aliases are certainly not superfluous in the general sense. The
target aliases I removed were identical to the target name and hence
unnecessary. Commands such as "ecosconfig new p2106" will work without
defining "p2106" as an alias.