Re: Support query

On 15/09/12 19:59, Amit Malyala wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Years ago, I posted a message on ecos forum which is below:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2005-01/msg00024.html
> Due to privacy and security concerns, I have to remove messages which I
> posted. This post is very old and it can be removed without any loss to
> the software engineering community.
> Can you please delete the post which contain my name 'Amit Malyala' in
> it? Please delete the followup posts as well as they list my name and
> email address.

The machine on which ecos.sourceware.org is hosted (which is also
sourceware.org and cygwin.com) has a policy on this:
http://sourceware.org/lists.html#archive-archive

As that FAQ entry indicates, your mail has been duplicated and archived in
countless places all across the internet, both public and private. For
example I believe this includes mail-archive.com, news.gmane.org,
readlist.com, marc.info, etc.etc. From the moment you hit "Send" it is simply
too late to do anything about it. Removing it would achieve nothing in practice.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but you might be surprised with how many people
ask the sourceware.org maintainers about editing the archives. Each one takes
a while - it's archived in multiple places even on sourceware.org. It's simply
not feasible for a volunteer-operated service to do this for everyone who
requests it.

Jifl