Re: Getting Atmel AT91SAM9 into eCos

On 02/23/2010 03:01 AM, Evgeniy Dushistov wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 09:26:15AM +0000, John Dallaway wrote:
Hi Daniel, Evgeniy and eCos maintainers

Daniel Helgason wrote:

I have seen many messages on the eCos mailing lists about getting
AT91SAM9 support into eCos. I'm writing directly to you in hopes of
getting some movement on this. I know this is off the mailing list but I
wanted to get initial input directly from people whose opinions I have
come to respect before I add yet another message to the mailing list
about this subject.

[ snip ]

If there was ever a time to consider pushing the AT91SAM9 devices into
eCos, this could be it! I am asking you for your thoughts on how to
proceed from here. Thanks!

I am not an expert on ARM7/ARM9 differences but there are several eCos maintainers who have experience with multiple ARM variants and are well positioned to review the AT91SAM9 patch. I do not think motivation should be an issue here. We all wish to see eCos move forward and AT91SAM9 support is clearly very good for the project.

My main concern is that we don't break eCos support for older ARM
platforms in the process of improving the hardware abstraction for
future platform ports.

Actually, I and Filip Navara implemented AT91SAM7X and at91sam9263 support for qemu, one of the most recent version can be found here: git://github.com/Dushistov/qemu_at91sam9263.git It can run linux, freertos, ecos.

So if there is interest, I can create binaries of qemu for linux OS,
so maintainers who have sam7 hardware, but have no sam9, or
vice versa, or completly have no development boards can run
and test eCos.

How do you configure Qemu to run eCos on these platforms?