Re: NAND & YAFFS

Hi,

I completely agree with Rutgers opinion about his development of eCos NAND support. (http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-maintainers/2009-05/msg00011.html).
I think the situation is very disappointing for him.

He invested a lot of work and time, he made his project public very early and he carefully designed the NAND flash IO and device layers. Because his work was public from the beginning, anyone could contribute, criticize or help. At the moment his implementation is the only one I know in detail and the only one that is public accessible. Furthermore its NAND framework is already used and known by other eCos community members. So at the moment I tend to say, Rutgers implementation is the current eCos NAND framework.

I think before we decide if some parts of eCosCentrics NAND implementation can be used, we should carefully check both implementations and discuss pros and cons. To do this we would need public access to the eCosCentric NAND implementation as soon as possible.

Furthermore I would like to know from eCosCentric in some short words, why their NAND implementation/design is better than Rutgers implementation. If this is not relizable within some days, we should stay with Rutgers implementation to get working NAND support as fast as possible.

Kind regards,

Dipl. Inf. (FH)
Uwe Kindler
Software Engineering