Re: Building RedBoot for SH3 targets with new toolchain

Hi Jifl

Jonathan Larmour wrote:

[ snip ]

> So it's not built in an sh2 multilib. Therefore we will need to build an
> sh3 multilib. Bummer. It needs to be added at line 2286 of config.gcc. I'm
> rebuilding for linux now, so you can try it out when that's done and I've
> packaged it up, but you may want to add this to any todo list you've got to
> be sure it's tracked.

Thanks for the rapid response. At least the solution is clear. Of
course, I will be happy to try the new tools out.

You should find some shell scripts on snitch in the base of the
toolchains build directory hierarchy which will help with
building/packaging sourceware toolchains. They will need minor tweaking
for an "sh-elf only" spin.

> If that build is ok, I'll have the grief of trying to
> rebuild the cygwin version.

Similarly, there are scripts on mug for building/packaging sourceware
toolchains in the Cygwin /gnutools directory hierarchy.

I could offer to build the revised sh-elf toolchains here, but it does
seem preferable to use the same hosts for building all the toolchains to
ensure consistency.

John Dallaway